The Tile App.com
Tile Mate Tag Classic
on sale for
up to 50% off
Shipping is free
. Thanks MAGA-2020
Note, be sure to click the option of your choice. Complimentary gift pouches is included w/ multi-packs purchase.
- 4-Pack Tile Mate Tag Classic $ 35
- 8-Pack Tile Mate Tag Classic $ 65
- The Tile Combo pack includes 2 Tile Slim and 2 Tile Mate Bluetooth trackers – perfect for keeping track of your essential items like your keys, bag, wallet, and laptop
- Tile Mate is designed with a convenient hole to loop onto keychains or drop in a bag, Tile Slim is as thin as two credit cards and slides into your wallet or sticks to thin objects like laptops. Water resistant – Up to IP57 standards
- The easy-to-use, free Tile app remembers the last time and place it saw your Tile, so if you left it somewhere, you’ll always know where to look. Mate: 34 x 34 x 4.65mm Slim: 54 x 54 x 2.4mm
- Use your smartphone to make your Tile ring when it’s nearby but out of sight. Can’t find your phone? Simply double press the button on your Tile to make your phone ring -even on silent. Sound : Tile Mate: 88 decibel melody. Tile Slim: 82 decibel melody
- If your Tile isn’t where you left it, the Tile community can anonymously help you and update the location of your item if another phone running the Tile app comes within range of your missing item
- Battery: non-replaceable which lasts a year, after that the old tiles need to be replaced. Range- Mate: 45m, Slim: 30m
Research before you buy. I’m going on the older version but the company has changed their policy since they issued the product.
I don’t usually write a review unless an item is either fantastic or terrible. At best, the tiles were fair to good when then picked up the signal, but they are a great concept. Now, Tile had DISABLED all my tiles through the app, only 7 months old and says they have EXPIRED due to battery life. What a coincidence that they all “died” at once???
WHAT A PITIFUL COMPANY
I carefully opened two of them with a dremel and found that one battery was still at 3.03 volts and the other was at 2.97 volts. That is what I would expect as they were mostly new and hardly used. I then connected a new lithium coin cell just in case that might jump start the device. No luck. I then put the tile on a proper laboratory power supply to supply the voltage – no luck. Several youtubes state that you can replace the batteries but not now that Tile has disabled old tiles by serial number.
When you’re time runs out on the tiles you are dead in the water with lost items. Exactly what you are trying to avoid in the first place. Perhaps a class action lawsuit at some point . . .
One in the box of 4 was never even activated and it is now ‘dead’ although the battery is new.
And they are EXPENSIVE compared to many other companies that make the same product these days. I would recommend the Nut Tracker device as you can replace the battery and they never expire. The Nut device is about half the price of the Tile and never expires. It isn’t as loud as Tile but offers other features that Tile does not offer such as the anti-loss feature (phone beeps if you walk away and leave your device – tile does not do this).
I bought them assuming I would just replace the battery and now the company has disabled them. Pretty cheesy deal. Get something else. They won’t be around for long once the word gets out about this scheme.
wow this is great always wanted a few of these and on Amazon they are over
You better get the new model that can replace battery. Otherwise, it is disposable in a year or two.
Replacing a tile tag tracker with minimal tools without the need to send it back.
See YouTube instructions:
Awesome!! Got the 8 pack of originals. Watched the video to replace battery. Easy. I’m thrilled to not lose my keys anymore. Can give a few to my family. Perfect time with christmas and birthday gifts coming. Thanks
Supposedly, Tile will give you 40% off to upgrade to their newer model once your original tile dies, or you are in the market for another newer model. That being said, there are reports of people going 1+ year with their original tile. (Non replaceable battery) I’m gonna finally pull the trigger with this deal.
If you don’t need 4,
is currently .99 each with free shipping.
Cool! I was looking at the new Tiles just for the replaceable batteries, but that looks pretty easy. Looking around on youtube, Tile Sport/Style looks like it’ll be harder/impossible to replace it yourself without damaging the casing.
Question. Battery last one year after activate, if I can change the battery, does it needs to be reactivate online or by some means in order to continue using or as long as there are juice in the battery, I can continue to use it forever without reactivating?
What is the different from this to the tile pro
There is a nice table at the bottom showing the differences between each model(s).
Target has the mate & slim combo (2 of each) for
Longer BT distance, louder volume. The new one that the battery can be easily replaced has 3x the distance.
Replacing the battery doesn’t seem very hard. In 44