$ 289 + free s/h
- 2x SP-FS52 Floorstanding Loudspeakers
- SP-BS22-LR Bookshelf Speakers (Pair)
- 1x SP-C22 Center Channel Speaker
- Select Series 16 AWG Speaker Wire, 100ft
- High-Quality Brass Speaker Banana Plugs, 5-Pair
- Highly acclaimed and award winning series of speakers
- RF Molded Curved Cabinets to reduce internal standing waves
- Three 5-1/4” Structured Surface Woofers with oversized magnets and vented pole pieces for improved bass response
- 1” High Efficiency Soft Dome Tweeter for smooth high frequency reproduction even at high volume levels
- 8 Element Complex Crossover perfectly blends audio between the woofer and tweeter for greater accuracy
This is for the floorstanding version. The bookshelves get a ton of attention as being top notch, especially for the price, and this is true. These are a bigger, better version of those. I have both, and the floorstanding are my primary speakers.
I’ve dabbled with speaker design and building before, so hopefully I have at least some idea what I’m talking about. I purchased these while living in apartment, after hearing my friends. Frankly, it would be difficult to built something for a similar price that’s comparable.
Many products, speakers included (especially?) are “built down to a price.” That is, making compromises that lower overall quality to get the price down. I feel that the designer took the opposite approach here. He knows quite well what it takes to build a top quality speaker. He figured out how to that cheap. I long suspected this, and then at some point actually read a review from the designer where he pretty much said exactly this.
If you are considering the bookshelves and have the room, seriously consider these. The bookshelves are great, but these are a definite step up.