- Cutting-edge engineering and robust construction
- 40 mm drivers with rare earth magnets and copper-clad aluminum wire voice coils
- Circumaural design contours around the ears for excellent sound isolation in loud environments
- 90 Degree swiveling earcups for easy, one-ear monitoring
- Professional-grade earpad and headband material delivers more durability and comfort. Removable cable
The sound quality on these headphones are amazing! However, here are some things you should know about the M40x’s before you buy them:
* Tuned flat (all ranges the same, not flat as in pitch, of course), so you should be able to hear all sounds really well
* Can get loud even powered off of motherboard audio.
* Over the ear, studio look
* Clamping force is strong
* Super floppy, sometimes hard to control
* Can get a little hot
Things to consider:
* Closed back. Others can’t hear you, and you can’t hear others. Limits sound stage, but this is a per-situation thing to consider.
* These are studio headphones, so the clamping force is needed to prevent audio leakage both in and out of the headphones.
Personally, I love them, but your milage with these headphones may vary!
* You can make these Bluetooth compatible with  and  (probably  as well)
* You can make these a gaming headset with  and