The 15.6″ Full HD IPS touch display boasts 41% more pixels than an HD display making images vivid and text sharp and legible.
The Chromebook 15 screen bends backwards 180 degrees to lay completely flat, granting you the best viewing perspective or for sharing during certain lessons such as labs
The aluminum cover with symmetric, perfect rounded-corners and classic hairline-brush finish give this Chromebook a stylish, firm impression.
We figure with up to 12 hours of battery operation, you’ll agree, whatever you call a day, we’ve got you covered.
The Acer Chromebook 15 is a powerful rock star with its immersive Full HD IPS touch display and upward facing speakers that deliver an epic entertainment experience that’s unrivaled by other Chromebooks on the big stage. The incredibly fast wireless connection and amazing battery life give you all day to run your favorite Google apps or browse the web, access photos, videos, music and docs. Built-in virus protection, backlit keyboard, brushed aluminum body, USB Type-C charging port, up to 12 hours battery life, optimized for the Google Play Store.
Dimensions (Overall): .75 inches (H) x 14.88 inches (W) x 10.08 inches (D)
Weight: 3.97 pounds
- Chromebook runs on Chrome OS – an operating system by Google that is built for the way we live today. It comes with built-in virus protection, updates automatically*, boots up in seconds and continues to stay fast over time. (*Internet connection is required).
- All the Google apps you know and love come standard on every Chromebook, which means you can edit, download, and convert Microsoft Office files in Google Docs, Sheets and Slides.
- With the Google Play Store, you can access a rich library of apps, games, music, movies, TV, books, magazines, and more, all from your Chromebook.
- Chromebooks come with built-in storage for offline access to your most important files and an additional 100GB of Google Drive space to ensure that all of your files are backed up automatically.
- 15.6” Full HD Display, Intel Pentium N4200, Aluminum Cover, 180 Degree Lay Flat Design, Up to 12-hours Battery Life
Wow. This is seriously a great Chromebook. The only thing that would have made this better is being able to flip the monitor all the way around so it all acts like a tablet. I really want to give it 5 stars but that’s the only thing stopping me.
The screen is HUGE for a Chromebook. It’s as big as my wife’s $800 i7 laptop. HA!
The battery life is great.
The charger ports are USB-C just like the latest Android phones. That means you can use your phone charger to charge it! (It doesn’t charge nearly as fast with phone chargers but, hey, it charges.) AND it has that USB-C port on BOTH sides of the book! YES! Don’t you hate it when your power source is on the right but your power port is on the left? Or vice versa? That essentially makes the cord shorter and it gets in the way and in bends the cord too much near the tip and it puts a lot of stress on the port and…no, that’s enough. It’s never on the wrong side on this Chromebook!
The SD card slot is for the micro SD cards. The same exact ones you use in your phone. That means you can transfer large files or many files back and forth fairly easily.
The backlit keys are really nice. Kinda makes the keyboard look all bedazzled…but in a good way.
You can definitely use Android apps on this. Maybe not all but Evernote and Boom Beach both work.
Some people have mentioned the sharp edges. Yeah, they’re a little sharp but you’re not going to get cut. It’s a very minor characteristic.
The resolution is really nice. I do need glasses to see but I actually use them so I set it to the max resolution making everything somewhat small but it’s really nice. So much real estate. The colors are really good, too.
The sound is better than I expected. I watch Youtube videos on it with my daughter and I’ve never had a problem hearing anything. I’m going a little deaf and it’s still loud enough for me.
To wrap it up, I would absolutely buy this again. I hope it lasts me a few years.